Leina's Life (by Tony): Feeling Lucky

Monday, September 04, 2006

Feeling Lucky

Leina, is not against an annual pilgrimage to Reno to play the slots. When Tony was there two weeks ago left him a message asking him to play a dollar slot for her, with specific instructions regarding finding one that looked lucky, turning around, and pulling the lever just so (it didn't hit). However, she is not one to gamble consistently.

Which is why it was out of character for her to play the lottery this weekend. She had good reason, however. First, a friend explained to her how he was eating Chinese food out and he recieved a chopsticks pouch that was sealed, but empty. He told her it was good luck, so he bought a lottery ticket. Leina didn't learn if he won anything. This past weekend, Leina was out to brunch with Charles, and she grabbed a mint, but this was a sealed wrapper without a mint! Good luck. Then, for extra good luck, she thought a bird pooped on her. So she ran out and bought a lotto ticket, a $3 scratch off. She didn't win. The luck might come with a week delay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leina is a pro/winner on the dollar slot machines. She is not a penny, nickel or quarter girl. That's right the DOLLAR machine for Miss Thifty. She is a lucky girl when it comes to cash and prizes. I recommend joining her at the next the Buddhist Church of SF (ie OBON festival July 2007)and playing a couple of rounds of Bingo. Let her pick the winning cards and you must pay.

I won a DVD player. Of course Leina wanted me to re-donate it to the church, however, I passed it to my friends children.

One more story, last year Leina invited the family to Thunder Valley for a buffet dinner b/c she rec. a birthday coupon. After dinner she wanted to play the slot machine. I only had a twenty and I lost it all. Leina gave me a ten dollar bill that intially belonged to her cousin Yumi. I played the dollar machine and I wanted to stop. Leina said, "Keep going Aunty" and on my final few dollars I won 364.00. I definitely wanted to stop and cash out. Leina is a pro! She instructed me to continue to play the slot machine so I would clear the machine. We didn't want the Hansel's and Gretal's of the Indian gaming community to find the winning slot machine. I split the money into 3 parts: Leina for her encouragement,Yumi was the money was source and to me b/c I pulled the lever.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home